POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : animating complex scenes : animating complex scenes Server Time
2 Aug 2024 22:17:42 EDT (-0400)
  animating complex scenes
From: Josh
Date: 25 Jun 2004 08:35:32
Message: <40dc1c14$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I've been animating pov for a while, done moving the camera, objects,
walking etc.  But now I want to move to the next level.  I'd like to try
animating the sand falling in an hourglass.  I envision lots of "sand-grain"
objects.  The question I have is how would you guys recommend starting this.
Should I write extensive SDL or model the scene in a C# app' that outputs
the scenes?  Anyone got any suggestions?