POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : wings3d exporter : Re: wings3d exporter Server Time
18 May 2024 06:11:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: wings3d exporter
From: Jim Charter
Date: 24 Jun 2004 23:14:37
Message: <40db989d$1@news.povray.org>
Ross wrote:
> Hey folks. I'm struggling with meshes from wings3d and the wings3d exporter.
> I can't figure out how to not have it export a texture_list and texture
> indices in the face_indices. Basically, I don't want every triangle to have
> it's own texture. I'm not using UV maps. I just want to have a mesh2 object,
> with one texture block for the whole object. Is this possible?
>
> Wings version 0.98.19c and the exporter is version 0.98.19c_ii.
>

> thanks.
> ross

I assume you must be using a plugin that exports to POV?
Can't help with that.

My usual workflow to do what you are doing
would be to:
- Create model in Wings but do not Auto_UV map it
- Export it in .obj format (Wavefront)
- Load the exported file into Poseray
- In Poseray Create a default material with ambient 0
- Export to POV
- Open the _pov.inc file which will contain the mesh2 definition and
replace "uv_mapping" with "//uv_mapping" I can find no way around doing
this edit
- Open the _pov_mat.inc file and edit in the POV sdl texture definition
I want.  (On subsequent tests I just reuse this file
  inserting the custom POV sdl definition is support in Poseray also)

...include in scene etc.

I have found no way to either prevent Poseray from creating a texture
list or addind the uv_mapping keyword