POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Subtle change in agate btw. 3.5->3.6? : Re: Subtle change in agate btw. 3.5->3.6? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:17:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subtle change in agate btw. 3.5->3.6?
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 24 Jun 2004 12:15:16
Message: <40dafe14@news.povray.org>

In article <nimld0heoied5mnbj3ge1eblb3j6a766pj@4ax.com> , ABX
<abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:
> IIRC, previously pattern was wrongly mapped on grid.
> There was discussion somewhere most probably in *.programming group.

Ah, yes, that is a bugfix for the incorrect mapping of one pixel.  There is
a subtraction later on doing the right thing already.  Still, I think the
result is that especially for a small image or when sampling a very noisy
image the samples will be radically different because they the width of the
sample is one off compared to 3.5 (3.6 is correct now, in 3.5 the sampling
was incorrect).

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde