POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Some Basic Loop Questions : Re: Some Basic Loop Questions Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:27:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Some Basic Loop Questions
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 23 Jun 2004 13:43:51
Message: <40d9c157@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <40d972ca$1@news.povray.org> , Mike Raiford
> <mra### [at] hotmailcom>  wrote:
>

>>If the POV-Team is following this: Might I suggest a #break and a
>>#continue statement? :)
>

> It is extremely bad programming practice to have an multiple execution paths
> to leave a loop.
>
>     Thorsten

Hm. You have a point there. Ideally the condition of the loop should
determine when to leave the loop. But .... But.. err. hmm, I have no
excuse for wanting such a feature :)

Come to think of it, The only time I have ever used break in C is in the
switch statement... (Next, I'm sure I'll hear how switch statements are
poor programming practice in most situations... except when writing
Windows Message handlers ...)