POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : OT: GIMP tip : Re: OT: GIMP tip Server Time
8 Jul 2024 17:31:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: OT: GIMP tip
From: Sebastian H
Date: 23 Jun 2004 07:48:19
Message: <40d96e03$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   I usually run Gimp in its own virtual desktop (with no other
> applications running in the same desktop). Should be as good as
> a root windowed version...

Me too, the images dialog helps with many images also.

An other option I became to use a lot is to put different images
into layers of the same gimp image.
This gives a similar behavior like root window style but
one can compare images on the fly just by comparing pixel values
by setting the appropriate layer mode.
You can also copy parts of a layer, make it invisible
(in the layer dialog) and paste it into an other layer.
This works fine if you have images with similar resolutions.
The gimp image then has to have the dimensions of the largest image...

Regards,
Sebastian H.