POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Head in the clouds : Re: Using MakeCloud (...and demo files. Was: "Head in the clouds") Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Using MakeCloud (...and demo files. Was: "Head in the clouds")
From: Jon Berndt
Date: 21 Jun 2004 08:10:33
Message: <40d6d039$1@news.povray.org>
"Gilles Tran" <tra### [at] inapginrafr> wrote in message

> What is the size of the plane in pov-ray units? The scale of these scenes
is
> (more or less) in metres so that you're basically seeing it from 1 km if
you
> put it at z*1000. "My object doesn't show up" problems are sometimes due
> the fact that the imported objects are much too small to be seen because
> they're just a speck on the background.

Yes, I think this had something to do with it. I turned off clouds and there
it was, right where I thought it would be. I also forgot that POV uses a
left hand coordinate system. The flying vehicle was created using feet as
the unit of measure, so I'll have to keep that in mind when placing it in
the scene, but actually all looks very good right now. I'm getting ready to
start up a full render before I go to work, and when I get home maybe it
will be done.

Thanks. By the way, the MakeCloud stuff is very helpful, and I think I've
barely even seen all it can do. Really nice work you've done.

Jon