POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Head in the clouds : Using MakeCloud (...and demo files. Was: "Head in the clouds") Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:23:33 EDT (-0400)
  Using MakeCloud (...and demo files. Was: "Head in the clouds")
From: Jon Berndt
Date: 20 Jun 2004 22:50:06
Message: <40d64cde$1@news.povray.org>
> Then there's Gilles Tran's MakeCloud, which you can find here:
> http://www.oyonale.com/ressources/english/sources13.htm
>
> That should get you started.

This is excellent stuff.

I've run into a bit of a snag, however. I'm trying to place an aircraft in
the scene. It was modeled in Moray. Z axis "up". Pretty much resides at the
origin. I have tried placing the aircraft in the scene:
MakeCloud2_demo_rain.pov. The camera in that demo file is:

//---------------------------------------
// Camera
//---------------------------------------
camera {
  location  <0, 0, 0>
  direction z
  sky y+x*0.02 // slight tilt of the camera!
  right     image_width/image_height*x
  look_at   z*1000
  rotate x*-5
  translate y*1000
}

This seems to tell me that the camera is at <0,1000,0> - which is 1000 units
(feet? meters?) above ground, and angled slightly up (or down?). The Y axis
here appears to be "up". In order to move my aircraft into view, I tried
adding this into the demo file at the bottom:

{
  /// my_aircraft_definition ///
  translate <0,1100,1000>
}

However, nothing ever showed up in the resulting image.

Any ideas?

Jon