POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Cygwin compiled POV-Ray 3.5 : Re: Cygwin compiled POV-Ray 3.5 Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:36:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cygwin compiled POV-Ray 3.5
From: Lionel Fourquaux
Date: 18 Jun 2004 16:14:07
Message: <40d34d0f$1@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:
> What you mean as "another editor"? With command line you should be able to
> launch POV-Ray, render, and exit after finishing.

Well, POV-Ray for Windows comes with it's own built-in editor. If I
don't use it, and since someone is speaking of something closer to what
I was looking for, I just wished to tell him I'm interested in further
developments.

> I would not expect Cygwin to optimize code as nice as Intel compiler thought I
> do not know all those GCC details.

Uh, I don't want to use Cygwin! The message I answered was about a
command-line version without Cygwin.

You're probably right about the Intel compiler vs GCC, although I'm not
sure there is so much difference.