POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Multi-user compatibility : Multi-user compatibility Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:08:05 EDT (-0400)
  Multi-user compatibility
From: Lionel Fourquaux
Date: 18 Jun 2004 14:31:41
Message: <40d3350d$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I installed POV-Ray 3.6.0 on Windows XP, and I have the impression that
it doesn't follow the basic guidelines for multi-user compatibility in
WinXP, since it keeps trying to write to its installation directory. The
resulting problems are obvious: users are forced to share their
settings, and non-Administrators cannot even save them!

Is there a way to correct this that I have overlooked? If not, what is
the proper way to report it to the POV-Ray developers? (The fix is
pretty obvious: move the config files to their proper location, inside
the user profile directory).

Thanks in advance!

--
   Lionel Fourquaux