POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : pov crash->debug? : Re: pov crash->debug? [UPDATE] Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:21:45 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov crash->debug? [UPDATE]
From: Ross
Date: 18 Jun 2004 12:58:50
Message: <40d31f4a@news.povray.org>
alright. i downloaded wings3d at work to test it out this mesh2 bug thing to
see if it happens on Win2k professional. it is reproduceable. i made a
sphere and subdivided it a few times to get 7680 polygons. the resulting
exported scene was just under 1MB

exported to pov, rendered, and it renders normally. inserted the parse error
as described in my previous post, and pov slowed down a bit in it's error
message, but it succesfully generated the message without crashing. I tried
rendering the same file with the same incorrect pov code again and pov
crashed saying "pvengine.exe has generated errors and will be closed by
Windows. You need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

the log is created in drwtsn32.log, and attached here (hopefully thats ok, i
can delete this post or would not mind if the server admin deletes it if
they deem it neccesary)

win2k machine has 256MB RAM. i think the other details are in the log file.

thanks, and sorry if this is a bad place to post an error log.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'poverror.log.txt' (17 KB)