POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : The world is glowing : Re: The world is glowing Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The world is glowing
From: Alain
Date: 18 Jun 2004 10:08:09
Message: <40d2f749$1@news.povray.org>
leseur sylvain nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 18/06/2004 09:46... :

>>There are other ways to have some pattern in a media.
>>If you want a toroidal media, use a torus as a container. I've tested
>>that with a wood pigment as a density pattern and the result is
>>

>interesting.
>

>>In fact, you can use just about any pigment pattern as a base for your
>>density.
>>
>>Alain
>>

>Ok thanks a lot...
>But i'm not able to build this kind of pattern can you give me a exemple ?
>And for the "text/glow" do you have an idea?
>Thanks again
>friendly
>Sylvain

In your sample scene, change your containing sphere to: torus{.5, .25...
Comment out boxed, spherical and cylindrical.
Add: wood rotate 90*x
Thats all!
You may try granite with this density_map:
[.75 rgb 0]// Mostly empty
[.9 rgb 5]// but with some high density spots

For the text, give it a transparent pigment: pigment{rgbt 1}
Then give it an unpatterned media. It will look like:
interior{media{emission 1 density{ rgb 1}}}}
That media will probably have to have a high density.

Alain