POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : show a line in 3D ? : Re: show a line in 3D ? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:23:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: show a line in 3D ?
From: Richard Dybiec
Date: 17 Jun 2004 22:59:50
Message: <40d25aa6@news.povray.org>
1ternaut wrote:
> newbe, I have just installed pov ray 3.6 and I seek has to visualize the
> line of coordonees x, y, z such as x=y=z somebody can he help me?
> I will need the textual file for "run";o)

Here's a simple 3d coordinate symbol; you'll need to change the colors
to something that 's on your system.

//xyz coordinates symbol
//d = diam of 'lines'
//l = length of leg from origin
#macro coordSys(d,l)
   union {
     cylinder {
       <-l,0,0>,<l,0,0>,d
       texture {
         pigment {color lightRed} finish {flat} //xline
       }
     }
   cylinder {
     <0,-l,0>,<0,l,0>,d
     texture {
       pigment {color lightGreen} finish {flat} //yline
     }
   }
   cylinder {
     <0,0,-l>,<0,0,l>,d
     texture {
       pigment {color lightBlue} finish {flat} //zline
     }
   }
}
#end