POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : JCGrid (a tools for POVRay rendering on clusters) : Re: JCGrid (a tools for POVRay rendering on clusters) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: JCGrid (a tools for POVRay rendering on clusters)
From: David Bucciarelli
Date: 17 Jun 2004 11:21:33
Message: <40d1b6fd@news.povray.org>
David Bucciarelli wrote:

>> I have written a tool for POVRay rendering on clusters. The name of
>> the tool is JCGrid. Thanks to JCGrid, you can use as many
>> Workstations/PCs/Macs as you like for the rendering of a single POVRay
>> image.
>
> < [...]
>
>> The homepage is at http://jcgrid.sourceforge.net/
>> You can download sources and binaries from:
>> http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=109146

Version 0.04 is now available.

Change log since 0.03:
- Introduced animation support. You can now split rendering of fragments
of a single frame and/or complete frames (better to split complete frame
in order to avoid preprocessing overhead);
- POVRay 3.6 has fixed the "Failed to execute" problem;
- New POVRay client implementation;
- POVRay worker now use stdout instead of temporary file for the
rendered image;
- Written session name autogeneration;
- New confguration file format;
- New confguration GUI dialogs;
- New confguration class design;
- The "Failed to execute" problem under RedHat 9.0 happens because
of a coredump when the DISPLAY env. variable is not defined;
- Adam Wells reports JCGrid works fine under MacOS X 10.3.4.

David Bucciarelli
Pisa - Italy