POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 3.6 Error Saving : Re: 3.6 Error Saving Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:26:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 3.6 Error Saving
From: Michael Raiford
Date: 16 Jun 2004 20:00:06
Message: <40d0df06$1@news.povray.org>
"Andy Cocker" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
news:web.40d0be83e025deb258e45a340@news.povray.org...
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having an intermittent problem with Windows PovRay 3.6. Occasionally,
> when I stop a render during parsing, then try again to render it, Pov
tells
> me that it failed to save the file (sorry, don't remember the exact
> wording). I then have the choice to Abort, Retry etc. I have to Save As in
> order to save the file.
> I never had this problem with 3.5.
>
> Anyone else noticed this behaviour?
>
> BTW, I have I/O restrictions turned off, and am running XP Home.
>
> All the best,
>
> Andy Cocker

Yep... I've experienced it as well. The error was something to the effect of
the file being open by another process. Sysinternals Process Explorer showed
PVEngine as the only process that had a handle open for the scene file. I'm
betting that somewhere in the parsing code, when it's cancelled, or an error
occurs it doesn't always close the file.