POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : pov crash->debug? : Re: pov crash->debug? Server Time
28 Jun 2024 22:46:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov crash->debug?
From: Ross
Date: 15 Jun 2004 14:14:51
Message: <40cf3c9b$1@news.povray.org>
news:40cf35bc@news.povray.org...
> In article <40cf0a0b$1@news.povray.org> , "Ross" <rli### [at] everestkcnet>
> wrote:
>
> > Pressing "debug" doesn't do anything. it simply redraws the dialog box.
so
> > i'm forced to click "OK" and pov finishes crashing. Now, i'd like to
have
> > debug work. I'd assume that it would open up a stack trace, or some kind
of
> > debugger where i might get some juicy information to pass along to the
pov
> > team. I couldn't replicate this bug on a different win2k machine, and I
> > assume not many poeple run WinME.
>
> That dialog and debug button are not from POV-Ray!  They are from the
> system, more precisely, you have some development tools (most likely from
> Microsoft) installed, and those make the system offer you to debug any
> application that crashes.  However, that only makes sense for your own
> applications.  Usually that button does nothing elsewhere.  And, as said,
it
> is not a dialog or button controlled by the application!
>
>     Thorsten

 right, i understand that the debug dialog box is not a povray thing. i do
not have any MS development tools installed however. i might have at one
point, and that could be left over somehow. i would bet that is the case.

in any event, do you have a recommendation on tracing what happens that
causes the crash? or should I just make a step by step documentation of how
to reproduce the crash and submit a formal bug report?

thanks