POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : transparency function? : Re: transparency function? Server Time
3 Jul 2024 12:47:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: transparency function?
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 15 Jun 2004 12:23:04
Message: <40cf2268$1@news.povray.org>
> I am a new user for povray. hope to use this tool to visualize my simulation
> results.  My system includes one atomic cluster  in a fluid composed of
> multiple single-atom molecules.
> To view the structure, I wish to use the "transparent" function of povray to
> show the liquid molecules. It turns out that this works on my PC,  but this
> function completely disappears when I transferred the same code to the Linux
> system.

Which transparency function are you talking about in detail? Transparent
textures, alpha-channel in images or transparency in the final output?

Normally there are no differences between the different version of POV
(Linux/Windows/Mac), so could you perhaps post some code which shows
that behaviour? (There used to be a difference in fresnel reflection,
dunno if it's still there in 3.6).

HTH,
Florian