POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Povray 3.6 for windows won't start : Re: Povray 3.6 for windows won't start Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Povray 3.6 for windows won't start
From: Chris Cason
Date: 14 Jun 2004 20:06:24
Message: <40ce3d80@news.povray.org>
"Summit Group" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I've been trying to get povray to start under windows XP. The error message
> that comes up is "Backend thread failed to complete init". I uninstalled
> completely, and re-installed, but I still get the same error. Povray worked
> properly the first time I installed it, but since I've restarted it ( and
> my computer ) it refuses to start. Any ideas?

The main code waits 2.5 seconds for the backend (which is the message subsystem
that talks to the rendering engine) to start up. It should never take that long,
and because it did you are getting that error. I have no idea why and would love
to find out. So sorry, I can't solve it for you but if you do manage to get it
going I'd lke to know what you did. If you don't get it going in the next few
days please let me know and I'll work with you to find the cause of it.

-- Chris