POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Visible bounding boxes : Visible bounding boxes Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:24:35 EDT (-0400)
  Visible bounding boxes
From: Stuart M
Date: 12 Jun 2004 23:23:21
Message: <40cbc8a9$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

We use POV-Ray images to generate animations from a structural
impact modeling tool that we develop (Objexx-SISAME-3D).

I am having some trouble with cylinder and sphere bounding boxes
becoming visible when viewed through a semi-transparent box. The
problem appears when I have two copies of some of the shapes that
are closely overlapped but not coincident.  Increasing
max_trace_level did not help.

An example of this can be seen in the file I posted to
povray.text.scene-files  (news:40ca3772@news.povray.org).  If you
look at the right rear wheel you can see the wheel and hub sphere
bounding boxes.

Stuart
http://www.objexx.com