POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Weird installation instructions : Weird installation instructions Server Time
3 Jul 2024 12:57:07 EDT (-0400)
  Weird installation instructions
From: Shalom Naumann
Date: 11 Jun 2004 13:31:44
Message: <40c9ec80@news.povray.org>
Is there a reason why the installation instructions
(http://www.povray.org/download/linux.php) recommend creating a special
directory in which to put the downloaded .tgz file? And also (though I
know that version 3.6's code isn't out yet), the Generic Source version
should be directly linked from the Unix section, because many Linux
users (such as myself - I compiled LinuxFromScratch) like to install
everything from the source and may not realise that the downloaded .tgz
isn't the source.

Shalom Naumann