POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Re: radiosity nag. : Re: radiosity nag. Server Time
17 May 2024 04:30:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity nag.
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 6 Jun 2004 20:08:59
Message: <40c3b21b@news.povray.org>

news:c9vgh2$6vg$1@chho.imagico.de...
> It seems to be the reflection 'exponent sqrt(2)'.  Note i also get
> occasional render freezes (i.e. the render halts and the program can
> only be stopped by multiple CTRL-Cs) in 3.6 when using the fresnel
> reflection.

For the record, I also observed an extremely nasty combination of mesh,
radiosity, reflection and prism (!), generating large black artifacts where
3.5 performed OK. Unfortunately I wasn't able to replicate it using a
smaller scene (the scene I used is around 50-100 Mb), so I couldn't report
it. But something is definitely lurking out there...

G.

--
http://www.oyonale.com