POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Re: radiosity nag. : Re: radiosity nag. Server Time
2 May 2024 19:51:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity nag.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Jun 2004 11:48:42
Message: <40c33cda@news.povray.org>
In article <c9vdmc$64c$1@chho.imagico.de> , Christoph Hormann
<chr### [at] gmxde>  wrote:

> The most likely explanation of the difference you observe is that one of
> your extremely ugly finish parameters is interpreted differently in 3.6
> as a side effect of another change.  When i remove all those finishes
> the results i get in 3.5 and 3.6 are idetical.

Well, the point is not if they are ugly but if they are valid.  We should
try to figure out which change causes this and maybe issue an error if any
of the specified parameters is outside valid bounds (assuming that is the
problem)...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde