POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test.binaries : Re: radiosity nag. : Re: radiosity nag. Server Time
2 May 2024 22:04:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: radiosity nag.
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 6 Jun 2004 10:26:37
Message: <40c3299d@news.povray.org>
In article <web.40c31ee49346345c307441310@news.povray.org> , "fomhorian"
<fom### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> I did and I have! I put both a POVRay 3.5 and a POVRay 3.6 version
> of the e x a c t same scene on this board. I also put the scene without
> the mesh here, check both beta-test and beta-test.binaries.

You don't understand.  Beta or not, we need a *complete* but minimal scene
to reproduce the problem.  The information needed to reproduce a problem is
outlined in:

From: Alan Kong <ako### [at] povrayWWWSPAMCOMorg>
Newsgroups: povray.announce.frequently-asked-questions
Subject: bug reporting
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 20:32:49 -0700

<http://news.povray.org/fpupiu02i1198jbb38i3o06hv6is1a3uar%404ax.com>

Without a complete and minimal scene, we will not be able to reproduce your
problem and thus will not be able to help you!

    Thorsten

PS: Please note that the final release of POV-Ray 3.6 will be in less than
48 hours, so should this really be a problem in POV-Ray and not in your
scene, we will need your complete but minimal scene *soon*.  Thus, arguing
with us about the information you provided makes it more likely you will
have to wait many month for the problem to be corrected, should it indeed be
in POV-Ray and not in your scene.

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde