POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : I Need Help With Media : Re: I Need Help With Media (small sample image) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:22:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I Need Help With Media (small sample image)
From: Alain
Date: 5 Jun 2004 09:20:58
Message: <40c1c8ba$1@news.povray.org>
Danny nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/06/04 23:40... :

> Is there a way I can make the transition smooth even from a point of view
>
>nowhere near perpendicular? It's fine when viewed from the pos. y
>direction, but from the neg. y direction it looks like a full sphere (not
>half-sphere) in front of a black background, and that the cylinder stops
>short and is black when viewed through the base. (I hope you can understand
>the picture I'm trying to describe, since I can't attach pictures.)  When I
>change it from a merge to a union, it looks fine from the neg. y direction,
>but from the pos. y direction the media doesn't transition well. Is there a
>way to make it transition well from both directions?
>
>Danny

I don't know how. I my testings, that's exactly what I got. I think that
the spherical media just continue and mixes with the other even if it's
bounding shape is an half-sphere. Try removing the sylindrical media,
but keep the cylinder container, to check it.

Alain