POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to parse data only once in whole animation : Re: How to parse data only once in whole animation Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:12:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to parse data only once in whole animation
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 1 Jun 2004 16:03:47
Message: <40bce123@news.povray.org>
In article <hlmpb058jfet4l9l0t6hpbrpus0fdp3asj@4ax.com> , ABX
<abx### [at] abxartpl>  wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 21:24:24 +0200, "Gawel" <gaw### [at] SPAMIKgazetapl> wrote:
>> I do not understand you post. Especially your annoyance...
>
> This is a hard time for all POV-Team members. Please be forgiving for any side
> effect of completing 3.6. Note, it is reasonably to expect that somebody who
> downloaded some application has readed homepage of this application, in
> particular key features where extended mesh syntax is listed.

No, that is not the reason at all.  It is the fundamental misunderstanding
that MegaPOV somehow runs ontop of POV-Ray 3.1 as seen in the latest post
with the statement "although is pity that is does not take advantage of
newest version of POV-Ray" and "now I know how to render mesh2 with MegaPov
0.7 and POV-Ray 3.1."  Apparently this person has not understood what
MegaPOV is at all (and what an executable is for that matter, as I explained
it using that term), and this will sooner or later result in more serious
misconceptions and problems.  Maybe communication in English is insufficient
to help this person understand the misconception...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde