POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How to parse data only once in whole animation : Re: How to parse data only once in whole animation Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:19:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How to parse data only once in whole animation
From: Tim Nikias v2 0
Date: 30 May 2004 18:06:15
Message: <40ba5ad7@news.povray.org>
> Hajo,
> I have large *.inc file with definition of my objects.
> Almost 90% time of rendering in every frame takes parsing of data.
> However data does not change during rendering.
> Is it possible to read data only once ?
>
> thanks in advance

Depends. If your include-file actually generates the objects via some SDL,
there might be possibilities to write the finished objects to a file and
load that, instead of parsing the objects for every frame. If the parsing is
needed to simply load large meshes or CSG objects, and the include doesn't
generate the objects via Macros or such, well, then there's not much you can
do about it. POV-Ray, though with animation support, wasn't programmed to be
an animation tool. It was programmed to render a single frame, via "clock"
it just automates rendering one frame after another.

Regards,
Tim

--
"Tim Nikias v2.0"