POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : right x*image_width/image_height : Re: right x*image_width/image_height Server Time
3 Aug 2024 08:11:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: right x*image_width/image_height
From: Slime
Date: 28 May 2004 14:08:46
Message: <40b7802e@news.povray.org>
> Are there other
> common circumstances (video output?) where having square pixels by default
> would be problem?

I recently rendered a 720x480 series of images to be edited with video that
had an aspect ratio of 4:3. In addition, occasionally I renderer images
intended to be used as textures for my OpenGL programs; textures must have a
2^n x 2^m resolution, so non-square pixel aspect ratios are necessary if I
plan on drawing the texture at a different size in my program.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]