POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : right x*image_width/image_height : Re: right x*image_width/image_height Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:22:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: right x*image_width/image_height
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 28 May 2004 09:23:29
Message: <40b73d51@news.povray.org>

news:c97cgl$64o$1@chho.imagico.de...

> And note changing the default is a problem in terms of backwards
> compatibility (otherwise the current '1.33' would already have been
> changed).

Yes, it's certainly stuck that way in the current POV-Ray line, no big deal
anyway. Changing 1.33 into image_height/image_width is certainly the first
thing I do when reusing old scenes though...

> The most common probably is printing on a printer with anisotropic
> resolution.
But is that a common problem? I can imagine that some printers are able to
do anisotropic printing, but I guess that these machines would be able to
print standard, square-based images too. What would be the point of not
being able to do so, or am I missing something obvious there?
Googling about pixel ratio returns links to (professional?) video
production, with people complaining that entry-level software like Bryce or
Poser cannot do non-square pixels for video, unlike professional apps like
AfterEffects.

G.

--

http://www.oyonale.com