POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Preferred operating system for intensive PovRay use : Re: Preferred operating system for intensive PovRay use Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:22:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Preferred operating system for intensive PovRay use
From: Ger
Date: 25 May 2004 14:27:37
Message: <40b39019@news.povray.org>
Stefan Viljoen wrote:

> Hi all

<snip>

I use Linux all day every day and only reboot the machine to work on the
hardware. Iow, not more then once a year.
Renders can run for days in the background and always in textmode.
I do all editing in Kate (text editor). And for special stuff I write my own
programs.

On the Windows side I have heard very good reports when running under w2k or
XP. Don't know first hand though.
--
Ger