POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Output To Web Suitable FIle : Re: Output To Web Suitable FIle Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:21:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Output To Web Suitable FIle
From: Ross
Date: 25 May 2004 11:20:43
Message: <40b3644b$1@news.povray.org>
"Chris {AKA Burnout}" <chr### [at] probarcjbnet> wrote in message
> I need a way to ouput the things I am rendering to Png, JPG, GIf, ETC
files
> that are readbale by web browsers.  I have gone over the Help File and
have
> not been able to find a way to get it to output to these files.  I am
using
> AC3D to do the aactual modeling work then sending the .pov file that
> creates through pov-ray.  When I send it through pov-ray i get 0 errors.
> see the rendered ersion appear on screen and his has left me desperate
> enough that for the literally 1000's of images me and some friends are
> building i have begun to take screenshots of the rendering and use PAINT
> cut out the peice i want.  This is incredibly time ineffiecient.
>
> I would like someone to p[lease give me the exact peice of code i need to
> put in the commandline [all of it] to get the result in JPG or PNG format.
>
> And exaple file name is : bi_leg_001.[EXT]
>
> Please Help
>
> Chris

there is no need to take a screenshot. povray can write the image to disk. I
think it does this by default. however the output format is platform
dependent. there is much detail in the povray documentation on command line
options, output options, etc... my typical command line to invoke povray is
to produce a 640x480 png named my_output.png is:

 povray +Imy_povfile.pov +Omy_output.png +FN +W640 +H480 +P

povray won't output directly to jpg. it can output png, however they are not
compressed much. you would still want to use a program like paintshop pro,
or something for postprocessing and compression or conversion.

http://www.povray.org/documentation/view/128/