POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Configuration Error? : Re: Configuration Error? Server Time
6 Jul 2024 01:33:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Configuration Error?
From: gRRosminet
Date: 24 May 2004 12:59:30
Message: <40b229f2@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> No, i am pretty sure when you get such results you have not made a
> serious comparison.  When you come up with such numbers it would be
> adequate to back them up with some benchmark results and offer the used
> executables for others to verify.
>
> Christoph

I have downloaded the official binary for linux and ran the benchmark.

Official : 45 minutes 08 seconds ( 2708 seconds )
gcc pentium4 optimized : 36 minutes 43 seconds ( 2203 seconds )
ICC pentium4 optimized : 33 minutes 01 seconds ( 1981 seconds )

ratios (official / optimized) :
Official : 1
gcc pentium4 optimized : 1.229
icc pentium4 optimized : 1.367