POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : triangle with smoth trasparency : triangle with smoth trasparency Server Time
3 Aug 2024 02:20:51 EDT (-0400)
  triangle with smoth trasparency
From: Gianluca Massaccesi
Date: 24 May 2004 02:34:13
Message: <40b19765$1@news.povray.org>
I have set a smoth trasparency for a mesh of triangles with the option
texture list. The task was simulate an angle dependent light source. So I
put a source surraunded by a mesh of triangles with right pigment for each
vertex. It is known that in this way I can smooth linearly the pigment (in
my case the transmit propriety) between vertexes and trinagles. In my case
anyway I observed that, as triangles gets smaller and smaller (lets say som

pattern behaviour of the trasparency: in each traingle just 2-3 values of
trasparency were set. So the result of the light source is not smoth but
step shaped.

Is there anybody can explain me why, and is it is possible to be solved?

thank you everybody.

        Gianluca Massaccesi
Consulenza Scientifica e Tecnologica

v. Banchieri, 27 - 40133 Bologna Italy