POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : I Need Help With Media : Re: I Need Help With Media (small sample image) Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I Need Help With Media (small sample image)
From: Alain
Date: 18 May 2004 19:49:20
Message: <40aaa100$1@news.povray.org>
Danny nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/05/18 15:08... :

>"Danny" <danzaetz> wrote:
>

>>Alain <aze### [at] qwertygov> wrote:
>>

>>>Danny nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/05/17 16:39... :

>>>Try lowering the 0.98 to a smaler value, thus enlarging the central
>>>part. As it is now, the white center part only have a radius of 0.02
>>>units and may disappears when scaled down or if the image is generated
>>>at a low resolution.
>>>Don't scale only the media but the whole cylinder containing the media.
>>>
>>>Alain
>>>

>>Thanks a lot for all your help!  I managed to fix the scaling problem by
>>multiplying the brightness of all the color map values by 5.  I guess this
>>is because there is less matter in the media to show up if I scale it down
>>to a fifth of its size.

Good guess

>>Thanks,
>>Danny
>>

>I've got another problem. For some strange reason, my media cylinder is
>acting like a convex lens. It's showing an narrowed image on the right side
>of the cylinder of an object behind and to the left of it.  It's refracting
>(not reflecting) light, I think.  When I zoom out, it looks like ugly white
>lines on the side of my laser. How do I get rid of them?
>
>Danny

With emissive only media, the beam is effectively transparent, that is,
you see anything that may be behind. That was (barely) visible in the
small sample as a slight discontuity near the middle of the image. You
may want to add some absorbtion and/or scattering, it's not realistic as
the beam is only light, but may be more aestetic.

Alain