POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Big whopping sparks : Re: Big whopping sparks Server Time
3 Aug 2024 10:18:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Big whopping sparks
From: Dave VanHorn
Date: 17 May 2004 21:57:50
Message: <40a96d9e@news.povray.org>
> When radiosity is on, then any media with any emission is a light
> source. You may try uping the emission value (>1), or using colour
> values greater than 1.

I've got them cranked to about 1600 peak now, which is pretty high..

> Your big spark looks like the media is perpendicular to it's containing
> cylinder.

Hmm. That might explain things.
Let me fiddle a bit more.

I wouldn't say I'm new to povray, I've been using it, and Vivid before it,
for design work since '91, but I don't work with it that often, and I don't
do this sort of thing with it much at all.