POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Re: Big whopping sparks : Re: Big whopping sparks Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:18:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Big whopping sparks
From: Dave VanHorn
Date: 17 May 2004 19:12:40
Message: <40a946e8$1@news.povray.org>
> It's the cylinder with its media interior that is the spark (but you've
> allready figured that out, I guess), change its length and/or scale it
> to make it fit your scene then translate/rotate it in place.

I'm having limited success.  I've got some control over it, but not having
any luck at scaling it out to the big spark, 22 inches long (22 pov units,
or 220 pov units, or... )  Everything I do is scaled in inches, mm, or some
other real unit, so that measured parts actually fit in the scene.

> > BTW: Does this sort of spark, act as a light source?
>
> The spark in my code does not light up the scene by it self unless you
> use radiosity (I have not tested that with this scene). I included one
> area light to approximate the light from the spark.

I have radiosity turned on, but how do I make the sparks act as light
sources?