POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Landscape WIP : Re: Landscape WIP Server Time
1 Jun 2024 04:02:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Landscape WIP
From: Andrew C on Mozilla
Date: 16 May 2004 13:00:06
Message: <40a79e16$1@news.povray.org>
> An updated image with some of the changes suggested.

Sky is an improvement. (Although I liked it the other way too.)

Snowline is less of a "line" now. Possibly still too sharp though...

Tree placement seems better on the RHS there - don't know if I'm
imagining it.

Shaddows from the trees need to be fuzzier IMHO. (Although I'm sure this
thing takes forever to render as it is...) Either area light or full
radiosity (with the sky emitting light - just like the real one does).

Not sure about those boulders... maybe they're just too spherical, look
like some variaty of muchrooms or something.

But anyway, apart from all that (sorry) the first image was really good,
and this one is better still. (Especially since the first one didn't
seem to have any AA, and this one does.) Still looks slightly fuzzy -
but they might just be JPEG doing its weirdness. *sigh*

Keep it up!
Andrew @ home.