POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : POV-Ray and IRIX?? : Re: POV-Ray and IRIX?? Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:48:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray and IRIX??
From: Nicolas Calimet
Date: 15 May 2004 12:23:58
Message: <40a6441e$1@news.povray.org>
> but did anyone ever run POV-Ray on a Silicon Graphics?

	Yes.

	But to compile POV-Ray 3.5 under the IRIX system, you will have
to modify several Makefiles or wait for the source relase of POV-Ray 3.6
for UNIX.

> My SGI Octane and my dual-cpu Challenge-DM-server are not POV-infected
> yet:-))

	Unfortunately, don't expect SGI machines to help in getting
POV-Ray extremely virulent  ;-)  i.e. the MIPS architectures are
not particularly faster (and usually much slower) than a not-so-old
PC running for instance Linux.

	- NC