POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : render on slow computer faster : Re: render on slow computer faster Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:19:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: render on slow computer faster
From: marabou
Date: 13 May 2004 11:42:44
Message: <40a39773@news.povray.org>
ABX wrote:

> On Thu, 13 May 2004 17:21:48 +0200, marabou <not### [at] availablenet>
> wrote:
>> @500mhz: 170 lines - 44min - 2.2mb RAM consumption
>> @1.2ghz: 10 lines - 20 min - 2mb RAM consumption
>
> I don't understand this statistic. 44 min vs 20 min doesn't mean "at
> same time". Does line mean row of pixels ? Then 44/170 vs. 20/10
> (time per line) also doesn't mean "at same time". Is RAM consuption
> quoted from final report of rendering or just readed from task
> manager?

values as they run at same time a lost. then i had to give you values
from my brain. so i give you actual datas. there is no final report
because rendering was cancelled.
it was so courious that i wanted to find out what it could be.
i had to clear that POVray gets constant 90% of CPU time.
indeed, RAM consumtion was read from process status report.