POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : LOTW texture tests : Re: LOTW texture tests Server Time
17 May 2024 01:49:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: LOTW texture tests
From: Samuel Benge
Date: 6 Jun 2004 19:25:02
Message: <40C3A775.9010409@hotmail.com>
Nathan O'Brien wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> here are some updated LOTW images showing earth like textures and
> environment. Ive started working on a more alien set of textures now.
> The  water also need some work. The images have been Auto Corrected for
> Levels  in Photoshop.
>
> Work still to go.
>
> 1. Add a greater turbulence range to the crackle aptterns.
> 2. Alien textures and skies.
> 3. Moons and planets.
> 4. Object distribution.
>
> I hope to have everything coded, with any large include files
> autogenerated, so that the entire world definition files can be issued
> as  a single, small, zip file.
>
> The full source code has been posted to pbsf.
>
> regards
>
> Nathan O'Brien

I must say, that first one is extraordinary! I've seen rock outcroppings
do these things.

The second has a foreboding atmosphere, like it's going to be a tough
hike :) Those cliffs look like basalt columns, the kind accompanying
rhyolite (in the Sierra Nevada, anyway).

That third one looks okay. I think the texture you used would make a
good organic layer of leaves, twigs, flowers, etc., as found under
shrubs and trees.

-Sam Benge