POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rendering skyboxes : Re: rendering skyboxes Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering skyboxes
From: Slime
Date: 8 May 2004 23:28:30
Message: <409da55e@news.povray.org>
> Instead of one polygon for the directions x, -x, y, -y, z, and -z, you can
> render 26 polygons (all combinations of -1, 0, and 1 in x, y, and z,
except
> for <0,0,0>).

Interesting. How are these images to be mapped to polygons? I can't think of
a way which uses squares in all directions (except for methods which involve
allowing polygons to clip each other).

> the images will be higher quality (less "wide-angle"
> distortion).

How is that? If the camera is always perfectly centered in the sky box with
the simple model, there won't be any distortion, as far as I can tell.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]