POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : rendering skyboxes : Re: rendering skyboxes Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: rendering skyboxes
From: Hughes, B
Date: 8 May 2004 02:17:39
Message: <409c7b83@news.povray.org>
"Barron Gillon" <gil### [at] purdueedu> wrote in message
> I have an OpenGL project, and I was wanting to use pov to render textures
> for my skybox.

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/rendering/cuberender

I think that link will show a relevant way of rendering out the skybox
parts. Nothing in POV can automatically output a skybox, or unwrapped cube
(no internal feature to do so), but that method Paul Bourke has listed might
work okay.

Checking on it again myself, having not seen it in a very long time, I see
you'll need to look at files which are given links to. That web page dated
1991?! Hard to believe.
--
Bob H.
http://www.3digitaleyes.com