POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : reading configuration file not permitted : Re: reading configuration file not permitted Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:16:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reading configuration file not permitted
From: Marton Fabo
Date: 7 May 2004 22:31:48
Message: <409c4694$1@news.povray.org>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
> What makes you believe this?  You just got this idea and now pretend that it
> must be correct, ignoring the advice you had been given, which was to copy
> the configuration file where it belongs.  Now, where could that be given
> Christoph already acknowledged you are not root? - Your home dir perhaps???
>
>     Thorsten

Sorry, you are both right. I got way too nervous because I have a short
deadline with a task involving POV-Ray, and I'd really have better
things to do than to fight with it on config files and path permissions.
Again, sorry.

> PS: Please get you timezone and/or clock fixed!

Yea, I noticed that one in the meantime. Actually, the posts with wrong
timestamps were not sent from my machine, but from a crappy university
box which seems to have its clock set wrong. I haven't noticed it in time.

mortee