POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : non-transparent SSS and interior texture with mesh2 : Re: non-transparent SSS and interior texture with mesh2 Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:20:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: non-transparent SSS and interior texture with mesh2
From: anto matkovic
Date: 7 May 2004 21:26:54
Message: <409c375e@news.povray.org>

>   ... means that the scene contains at least hundreds, if not thousands
> of triangles.

Actually, about 2000000 triangles :), optimizied as much is possible. I
choosed POV because this number can kill common scanline renderer, POV needs
about 500MB RAM, which is quite OK for machine with 1GB.

>   That was not what I meant. With a small example I meant a minimal scene
> with a camera, a light source and a mesh2 with a couple of triangles
which,
> when rendered, clearly shows the effect you are talking about.

There is an example at povray.binaries.scene-files - with single sphere-like
mesh ( 68 triangles)
Right question is, how I can apply interior_texture in texture_list, or I
need some other way?
When I uncoment interior_texture, about line 320, POV reports error.