POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : reading configuration file not permitted : Re: reading configuration file not permitted Server Time
30 Jul 2024 18:17:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: reading configuration file not permitted
From: Ross
Date: 7 May 2004 15:56:43
Message: <409be9fb$1@news.povray.org>
"Marton Fabo" <mor### [at] eikbmehu> wrote in message
> Christoph Hormann wrote:
> > Read what i wrote, you can simply copy the povray.conf in the package at
> > the appropriate place and it will work.  I never said you should use the
> > install script.
>
> Please read the whole thread before being so smart. I already mentioned
> that I have no root privileges on the machine in question, so I can't in
> any way install a config file to /usr/local/etc, where povray looks for
> it. I don't give a sh*t about the install script.
>
> mortee

hi.

from what I gather, he is saying that you should take the conf file that
comes with the distribution, and place that in your home directory, and name
it appropriately. that is $HOME/.povray.conf

also from previous threads, I gather that swearing, even using *'s in place
of letters, is frowned upon. i personally could give a rats "you know
what"... but just fair warning ;)

-r