POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : reading configuration file not permitted : reading configuration file not permitted Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:19:41 EDT (-0400)
  reading configuration file not permitted
From: Marton Fabo
Date: 7 May 2004 05:45:16
Message: <409b5aac$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

I'm trying to run POV-Ray on a Linux machine where I don't have root
privileges. This means that I can't place a proper povray.conf file in
the directory /usr/local/etc/ . Unfortunately, no matter what else I
specify for povray either on the command line or in the POVINI
environment variable, it complains that reading the specified file is
not permitted. Since directory access permissions can be specified in
configuration files, how am I supposed to tell povray that it is
permitted to read its config file? Will I have to recompile povray with
a different default config file location (to which I have write
permission), or is there some other possibility?

thx
mortee