POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : off-topic entries : off-topic entries Server Time
3 May 2024 05:11:55 EDT (-0400)
  off-topic entries
From: bongotastic
Date: 6 May 2004 20:28:54
Message: <409ad846$1@news.povray.org>
Well, me again.

    I know I will come across as a bigot but I think something should be
said about this. I intend to put together a workshop for school age kids on
raytracing (mixing art and mathematics with intro to programming).

    I am afraid I will have to write off the irtc site with the rise in
off-topic nudity picture that seems to force their way into the competition
(and I really don't want that to get back to haunt me from angry parents).
We are on poser model away from getting our first porn entry, and it appears
that someone would probably find a way to submit it even if the theme was:
"Your grandma's ball of yarn".

    I'm not saying that I want anything to be done about it. But it may be
worth starting a discussion on the topic on this list since the judges
comments last month were pretty cold to the penises entries (So I am
probably not the only one annoyed by this).

cheers,

Christian