POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unix : Compiling POV-Ray 3.1g on Mac OS X : Re: Compiling POV-Ray 3.1g on Mac OS X Server Time
5 Jul 2024 13:08:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Compiling POV-Ray 3.1g on Mac OS X
From: David Burnett
Date: 7 May 2004 12:30:15
Message: <409BB996.5060107@ntlworld.com>
Thorsten Froehlich wrote:
  > You specify the INI file in the big field called "command-line" :-)

First thing I tried, it just complained about not being able to
find OBJECT.POV. I just guessed I was doing something wrong.

>>Does the Beta have debugging code in that might slow it down ?
>

> You cannot compare 3.5 and 3.6 because certain bug fixes and changes to
> anti-aliasing change render times (on all platforms).  As such, any
> comparison between 3.5 and 3.6 regard render times are impossible.  Sorry!

Yep, I figured that out when I got all the parameters matching but the
3.6 beta threw out more rays.

Just for completeness sake here's the stats for 3.6 beta

Total Scene Processing Times
   Parse Time:    0 hours  0 minutes  9 seconds (9 seconds)
   Photon Time:   0 hours  2 minutes 39 seconds (159 seconds)
   Render Time:   1 hours 33 minutes 37 seconds (5617 seconds)
   Total Time:    1 hours 36 minutes 25 seconds (5785 seconds)