POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : speed up isosurface : Re: speed up isosurface Server Time
3 Aug 2024 04:15:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: speed up isosurface
From: Hugo Asm
Date: 5 May 2004 03:00:25
Message: <40989109$1@news.povray.org>
> There was a macro posted to the newsgroups that does it.

I suppose you're referring to Kevin Loney's tool. He posted this a while
back, maybe a year or so. It works nicely (on the shapes I've tried) though
it's parsing slowly and creates some overlaps in triangles. But if you save
the result as an .OBJ file, you can use another application (such as 3dsMax)
to clean-up and optimise the mesh. I've tried this and the result renders
very fast and looks great, but of course you need to consider the extra
memory it consumes.

Regards,
Hugo