POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : AA adaptive +am2? : Re: AA adaptive +am2? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:17:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AA adaptive +am2?
From: Francois Labreque
Date: 4 May 2004 08:16:31
Message: <4097899f$1@news.povray.org>
Program ended abnormally on 04/05/2004 07:58, Due to a catastrophic Rafal
'Raf256' Maj error:
> abx### [at] abxartpl news:06ve9093upsm2lm0drtuemdvt8vt6p26jb@4ax.com
>

>>IIRC you already have Windowses. As far as I remember your past posts
>>You can build there without learning new things.
>

> I consier Linux/Unix more "serious" development and I want to learn new
> things btw.

There is no requirement to be root to compile the pov sources.  Just extract the
files under your home directory.  If you have problems compiling it from there
ask your admin to give you read rights to things you are missing.

Besides, unless you want to write a gui for unix, patching or improving POV
should be relatively platform independant, so apart from learning how to type
"make" at the prompt, you won't learn many unix things by doing it.

/*   videotron.ca  */}camera{orthographic location<6,1.25,-6>look_at a }