POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Photons : Re: Photons Server Time
30 Jul 2024 12:26:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Photons
From: Alain
Date: 3 May 2004 17:53:21
Message: <4096bf51$1@news.povray.org>
The Afro nous apporta ses lumieres ainsi en ce 2004/05/03 15:23... :

>"CFM" <nomail@nomail> wrote in message
>

>>I'm new to POV-ray, and I can't get photons to refract through the
>>glass cylinder. Check out the programming language below, and see
>>

>>interior {dispersion 1.1}
>>

>don't forget to include the ior in the interior statement, for glass it is
>1.5 ish

Water ior around 1.3 to 1.4 for fresh to salt water.
Also, increase max_trace_level to around 12... That's the level I had to
use to get rid of the warning. You have an ambient value of 1 for the
ground, it hides the effect of the photons. Lower is or let it at the
default value and increase the diffuse value if the ground is to dark
(you may also lighten the colour map).

Alain