POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another competition? : Re: Another competition? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:18:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another competition?
From: Sascha Ledinsky
Date: 2 May 2004 07:27:02
Message: <4094db06$1@news.povray.org>
Paul Bourke wrote:
> I've run the short code and the fractal competitions, see
>    http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/povray/scc3/final/
>    http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/povray/povfrac/final/
>
> Are you sick of these competitions or is there still interest?

Carry on with it, the last two contests were great and I'd love to see more -
it's a nice alternative to the IRTC, and as such I don't think that the
frequency is too high.

> If the later then how about another in the near future, what about these options?
> 1. Limited geometry. eg: Create a scene with no more than 10 objects from
>    the following list: sphere, cylinder, cone, box.
> 2. Special geometry. eg: Create a scene using only one high level primitive,
>    but as many of them as you like, for example: a supershape.
> 3. Create a 3D scene which when rendered from a particular position forms an
>    image that tiles the plane.

I like number 3.

> Feel free to suggest others.

How about a short-code-contets for animations? Perhaps a 100 frame loop rendered
in 320x240, with some restrictions on the size of the code, the objects used,
render-time,...
Just an idia.